Friday, July 25, 2008

Brisbane

It is almost a week since I have been living in this city. It is a pretty city, and it helps that I am living in the downtown, in a nice hotel-apartment on 30th floor where I can look down at the city glittering in its lights. There are a few libraries, theatres and performing arts centers around, which I have yet to explore. Sometimes, especially when you are alone, there are wide swings between extreme determination to get out of doors and a complete laziness to even move an inch. I think I am more in the latter stage, and I hope to move out of it soon. May be the International Film Festival beginning on 31st will help.
To stay alone in a new city is an experience - a feeling of isolation and longing interspersed with an excitement of independence. I don't know if I love it, but it is definitely worth going through once in a while. If only I did not have someone to miss at home :(

No comments: