Saturday, March 18, 2006

Convocation

It is finally convo day - the day I had been waiting for since I arrived. I always thought that the place was suffocating and I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. Over the past few weeks this feeling has been pretty dim. I wont go as far as to say that I have started liking this place, but its not bad. Especially there have been some great times with friends that I owe to this place. But I guess I will stay away from the nostalgic feeling, especially with the bit of alcohol thats still left in my blood and is making me tipsy. Cant believe that I have to face Tuhina's mom like this - I am meeting her for the first time and I dont want her carrying bad impressions of me. And am I glad that my parents are not coming here - they would have immediately pounced upon the tipsiness. Everyone's parents is here - I am feeling slightly weird that mine arent. But I would have felt worse if they had come. Somehow the life I lead in the campus is so different and abstract that I dont want to involve them into this. Its a sort of different life - slightly tangential from a normal life - what with weird waking hours and night-snacking and crazy doses of movies etc - none of this I do at home.

Anyways, I guess I will start dressing up now - it is getting late for convo.

1 comment:

zatomm said...

Ha ha. Bewdi. Nice blog.